Web TV--In SF?

Donald Barclay dbarclay at Bayou.UH.EDU
Thu Feb 6 08:57:51 EST 1997

This is a follow-up on the web-TV thread that we had back before the great
copyright war broke out, turning brother against brother, etc.

I heard on the radio this a.m. that selected (read "pricey") hotels in San
Francisco will be offering in-room web-TV as a test of its appeal.  Those
of us who are going to the ALA meeting in SF may have an opportunity to
try out web-TV and see what it is really like.  The service is being
provided by a company that also provides in-room movies.  The report on
the radio said that guests will be able to send and receive email as well
as view web-TV.

Donald A. Barclay
Coordinator of Electronic Services    always the beautiful answer
University of Houston Libraries       who asks a more beautiful question
DBarclay at uh.edu                               --e.e. cummings