Help w/ Russian Fonts

John Creech creechj at mumbly.lib.cwu.edu
Mon Dec 15 14:48:38 EST 1997

I would appreciate any help with locating reliable sites that offer
Russian fonts for downloading. Also, is KOI8-R the de facto/accepted
standard character set for Cyrillic fonts?  I've searched Web4lib archives
but haven't turned up anything.

I've located the following sites that offer the fonts, but am not quite
there at deciphering the technical requirements:

http://www.nagual.pp.ru/~ache/main.html#begin (U.S. mirror at:
http://www.siber.com/sib/russify/)

http://www.glasnet.ru/glasweb/readrus.html

http://win.aha.ru/~clever/download.htm

http://www.securities.hu/help/fonts.html

Does anybody know of better sites, or is one of these superior to others?

Thanks.

John Creech
Electronic Resources Librarian & Asst. Head of Reference | Central Washington
University Library | 400 E. 8th Ave. | Ellensburg, WA 98926 | 509-963-1081 |
jcreech at mumbly.lib.cwu.edu |
personal mail=jcreech at ellensburg.com
personal pages=larry.ellensburg.com/~jcreech