harvesting in the www for public libraries

MJakobs420 at aol.com MJakobs420 at aol.com
Thu Dec 4 15:13:18 EST 1997

I'm student of Library science in Hamburg at the department of Library and
Information Studies. I'm writing my thesis on harvesting in the www for
public libraries.
Please would you kindly share with me your experiences in gathering Internet
Sites.
I'm especially interested if somebody is working with search agent software
(for example Forefronts Webseeker). Would you say that such programs are a
easy and efficient way to gather Internet Sites? I'm looking for a faster way
to do my searches than to use all the different search engines.
Thank you in advance
Maike Jakobs

Maike Jakobs
MJakobs at aol.com