different browsers

Harry M. Kriz Harry_M_Kriz at vt.edu
Wed Dec 10 09:25:39 EST 1997

At 05:04 PM 12/9/97 -0800, Thomas wrote:

>The other approach is to stop expressing presentational ideas with the
>relatively clumsy style hacks that have been added to HTML, and to start
>using a tool that was designed for the job.  The tool that has a fair degree
>of support is Cascading Stylesheets (CSS); it is supported in 2.5 of the
>four browsers you mention.

In providing readable presentations on the screen, you still have the
problem of dealing with the reader's device. For example, I use a 21"
monitor at 1600x1200 resolution. Pages now using CSS often set fonts so
small that I sometimes cannot read them easily, if at all. I miss the
ability of being able to reset the font size to my liking.

--Harry