Browser use statistics

Luc Grondin grondin.luc at uqam.ca
Tue Aug 5 10:28:21 EDT 1997

At 06:17 05/08/97 -0700, Elisa Miller wrote:
>     I can't speak for the rest of the world, but we have been collecting
>     user statistics [...cut...] from what I can tell, only
>     .5% are accessing our site with Lynx

We don't (well, at least I don't) have statistics by browser, but our
weekly Web stats indicate the "top 50 client hosts accessing server"; in
other words, the IP/name address of the clients which most accessed our Web
site on that week.  What we see is that most of those 50 clients are local
(on-campus), and that UNIX client hosts (hence Lynx users) amount to the
top ten.  Conclusion: for us, we cannot ignore Lynx users.
            Luc Grondin
     Bibliothecaire/Librarian
     Bibliotheque des sciences
  Universite du Quebec a Montreal