Netscape mail problem -Reply

Dan Lester DLESTER at bsu.idbsu.edu
Thu Aug 21 14:58:27 EDT 1997

>>> Susie Breidenbach <sbreiden at connect.bedlib.org>
08/21/97 12:23pm >>>
This is a Fortress/Netscape problem and I would appreciate
any advice.

Nothing to do with Fortress.

Lately, when we open Netscape (ver. 3.0 on Windows 95) on
our public pc's we're getting a gray box with a message which
reads: "Unable to open outgoing mail file. Please update your
mail composition preferences before sending mail".  The thing
is, we've never sent mail from these machines. We just
upgraded to Fortres 2.51d.

If you want to allow outgoing mail, set it up appropriately and
then lock it up tight (options, ability to read mail, etc.)  If you
don't want to allow mail, do the same.  And then disable the
ability to send mail as well.

cheers

dan