MSNBC Column on David Burt

Mark Wilden Mark at mWilden.com
Thu Aug 21 14:56:49 EDT 1997

> From: Pilon, Danielle: IHAB <Pilon.Danielle at ic.gc.ca>
>
> Well, I dislike having my disk space hogged by anyone. Mr. Burt is
> entitled to post his citation to this list, as many other subscribers do.

> But they are usually polite enough to email _only_ the citation (paper or

> web). Sending the whole article, as he did, is **rude.** It's especially

> annoying to anyone who receives this list in digest form (like me) and
> had to scroll down past lines & lines of it in order to read the next
> message.

Actually, although I'm not exactly a supporter of Burt, I feel the
opposite.

I do find his posts about how he's received mention in such and such a
medium rather immodest (the usual phrase about the old lady showing off her
medals comes to mind), but when the article is actually included, that
represents information that I otherwise may not have heard about and I
welcome it.