Netscape and MSIE administration kits -- any info?

Chuck Bearden cbearden at sparc.hpl.lib.tx.us
Mon Sep 30 15:21:08 EDT 1996

It's important to note that Policy Editor will not prevent write access to
C: drive, only that it hides the C: drive icon in My Computer.  The
Windows95 common Open/Save dialog still lets one type "C:\*.*" and display
all directories and files on C: drive.  The only ways around this are either
to use 3rd party security software, to use 16-bit apps with the old Open/Save
dialogs, or to hide and make read-only all the files you don't want users
to see in the Open/Save dialogs.  Policy Editor is very limited in this
regard.

Chuck

Chuck Bearden			email: cbearden at hpl.lib.tx.us
Catalog Department		voice: 713/247-3499
Houston Public Library		fax:   713/247-3158
500 McKinney Ave.
Houston, TX  77002		-=> NOT SPEAKING FOR HPL <=-
      -=>HPL's Homepage: http://sparc.hpl.lib.tx.us<=-

--- On Wed, 25 Sep 1996 11:37:50 -0700  "Michael S. Wilde"