Turning off animation?

Luc Grondin grondin.luc at uqam.ca
Thu Oct 31 10:39:30 EST 1996

At 18:03 30/10/96 -0800, you wrote:
>Is there any way to turn off animated GIFs - i.e. de-animate them - i.e.
>KILL THEM???
>
>99% of them are only cute the first time.  Afterwards, not only are they
>annoying, but their constant re-loading seems to interfere with anything
>else I want to do while viewing the document in question.

They even slow down the 100 MHz Pentium-based machine I'm using
(It's a Packard Bell though ;-).  Very anoying when you have a few apps
opened at the same time.

>I'm using Netscape 2 at the moment, by the way.
>
>Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

It seems that with Netscape 3.0, the STOP button freezes them.  I tried on a
few pages, even some with frames, and they stopped moving.

>Erwin Wodarczak - Records Analyst / Archivist

Cheers,

Luc G
            Luc Grondin
     Bibliothecaire/Librarian