Menu choice for exiting Windows95?

Chuck Bearden cbearden at sparc.hpl.lib.tx.us
Thu Oct 31 11:08:58 EST 1996

You could label a 3rd party app button "Exit" and have it
start a browser pointed to:

http://www.halcyon.com/mclain/ActiveX/Exploder/welcome.html

On second thought, you'd better not do that.

Now for a serious option: CARL has a driver file that
prevents you from using CTRL+ALT+ESC to bring up the Start
button and choose Shut down.  At HPL, we use an older
version of that driver that suppresses CTRL+ALT+DEL, CTRL+ESC,
and ALT+TAB, but not CTRL+ALT+ESC.  We use that key combination
to bring up the start button and choose Shut down from there for
a clean shutdown.

The problem is that this key combination also brings up the
Taskbar, but under the security measures we have here we
don't regard that as a problem.

I hope this helps.  Please feel free to email me for more
details.

Chuck

Chuck Bearden			email: cbearden at hpl.lib.tx.us
Catalog Department		voice: 713/247-3499
Houston Public Library		fax:   713/247-3158
500 McKinney Ave.
Houston, TX  77002		-=> NOT SPEAKING FOR HPL <=-
      -=>HPL's Homepage: http://sparc.hpl.lib.tx.us<=-

--- On Tue, 29 Oct 1996 17:37:32 -0800  Joan Colburn