Major job changes

Evan St. Lifer STLIFER at LJ.CAHNERS.COM
Fri Oct 11 12:53:03 EDT 1996

Dear Web4Libers:

I'm writing a major feature on how surging technology is altering the
fundamental job structure in libraries for the Nov. 15 issue of Library
Journal. We are also interpreting data from a very large survey of
professionals and support staff nationwide that will be presented with
the story. I'm looking for some individuals who have experienced
dramatic changes in their job responsibilities in the last couple of years.
Specifically, those who have had more traditional library jobs, and
whose roles have evolved into heading up Internet Services for their
library, or running/maintaining the library's web page or other jobs of this
nature. I'd like to ask you a few questions about the nature of your job
transformation, etc. I'm running on a tight deadline, so I heartily
encourage those who are interested to contact me via phone
(212-463-6817, I can call you back so you don't have to pay for the call)
or email <stlifer at lj.cahners.com> as soon as possible.

Thank you in advance for your interest and assistance,

Evan St. Lifer
Senior Editor
Library Journal