WWW/Internet Search Agents

George Jenkins gjenkins at hbs.edu
Fri Oct 11 16:44:39 EDT 1996

Hi!  I'm curious as to people's experiences with using Internet or WWW
search agents for business & economics information research, or for current
awareness applications.  Which agents were more accurate, were easier to
use, were easier to install, better met library patrons' needs, were not
hard disk "hogs," operated reliably, were buggy and unreliable, or performed
comprehensive searches?

My short list of agent software:

Corel Internet Mania (a/k/a I-Way mania)
CyberPilot Pro
CyberSearch
First Floor Smart Bookmarks
Internet Database Resources
Internet Site Blaster
PointCast
SqURL Pro
WebAnchor
WebCompass Pro
WWW Encyclopedia CD
WebEx

You can send your experiences to me directly, or to the list.  I will
compile the answers and share them in an e-mail to Web4Lib members.  Thank you.

George

-----
Nonprofit Annual Reports in Baker Library
http://library.hbs.edu/nonprof.htm
-----
George Jenkins                617.495.6837 (voice)
Business Information Analyst  617.496.3725 (fax)
Research Services             GJenkins at hbs.edu
Baker Library # 215           http://library.hbs.edu/
Harvard Business School       http://www.hbs.edu