Desktop publishing and HTML/PDF conversion

A. Helfman samsa at quasar.Wittenberg.EDU
Tue Nov 5 15:01:27 EST 1996

On Tue, 5 Nov 1996, Laura B. Cohen wrote:

> As a side issue, we have many WordPerfect documents we'd like to
> convert to HTML. The Web4Lib archives cover Word documents only.
> Any recommendations on a conversion program?

	There's a freeware program called WPTOHTML that's available in
versions both for WP 5.x and 6.x.  I disagreed with some of the HTML tags
that were inserted and had to do some editing by hand after running
WPTOHTML, but I found it helpful as a quick strip-and-conversion tool.

Amy W. Helfman (samsa at quasar.wittenberg.edu)
Reference Librarian
Thomas Library, Wittenberg University
http://www.albany.edu/~helfman