News Items for _Journal of Internet Cataloging_

Shane White swhite at library.uwa.edu.au
Sun Nov 3 20:19:29 EST 1996

Talk about flamebait !  Come on Tom, do you think librarians are so limited
in their imagination that all we can think about is Melville Dewey and
electronic card catalogues?  "Cataloguing the internet" can mean just about
anything that makes the information in it more accessible to the people who
are looking for it.

You are right about one thing though - the Packard-Bell issue did go on a
bit long, as well as the reaction to the various Baker articles in the New
Yorker.  We are a pretty defensive lot.

Shane