Clickable images in HTML

Michael Leach leach at phys1.harvard.edu
Wed Mar 6 17:01:36 EST 1996

Peter:

     The steps you have taken so far are correct for producing an
interactive image.  Unfortunately, you need more than just the
imagemap.conf (configuration) file to "fool" Netscape.  The imagemap cgi
script is also required.  This script comes with most server software
these days,  (old versions of httpd did not have it) but is not available
with browsers.  So, unless I am mistaken (please correct me folks if I
am!) you will not be able to "fool" a Netscape browser into thinking you
have an interactive map.

Michael R. Leach
Harvard University, Physics Research Library
17 Oxford Street, Cambridge, MA  02138  USA
(617) 495-2878 (phone); (617) 495-0416 (fax)
leach at phys1.harvard.edu    library at physics.harvard.edu