Mosaic Kisok Mode Alternatives

Bill Moseley moseley at netcom.com
Thu Jul 25 00:56:59 EDT 1996

At 02:04 PM 7/24/96 -0700, you wrote:
>If you want something easier check out Integrity's IKIOSK.  You can
>download the Beta version at:
>http://www.hypertec.com/
>
>Greying out windows menu options is incredibly easy with IKIOSK.

That's true.  It is a nice program.

But, when I tested IKIOSK it didn't allow you to disable dialog boxes.  This
is important with Netscape since if you click on a new MIME a dialog will
pop up asking if you want to save the file or run a helper application.  One
can then enter a program to execute - like command.com - and gain full
access to the computer.

Anyone else found a solution to this problem?

Also, there is a program called Netkey at http://www.lexitech.com/ that is
for running Netscape in Kiosk mode.  I've downloaded it, but haven't had a
chance to test it.  That might be another solution for you.

Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley at netcom.com