Full Text Retrieval -Reply

KAREN SCHNEIDER SCHNEIDER.KAREN at EPAMAIL.EPA.GOV
Thu Jul 25 08:32:26 EDT 1996

Temple, I feel your pain.  :-)  There are many citation indices--but
oh, we are maddeningly just THIS far from really having a lot of
full-text online!

Here, we looked hard at ProQuest Direct, which has some
full-text titles, but UMI is sticking with its proprietary client until
October at the earliest, or so I've been recently told.  (They also
don't break out the full-text and sell by title, which is what we
would like.)  The big buzzword in public libraries is EbscoHost,
which is offering a lot of titles.  In our library, we have such a
special focus that we're planning to use FirstSearch by-the-search
for its full-text services, including EbscoHost, which we predict
we will use lightly because of their general orientation.

Gotta run... more thoughts later... anyone else?

Karen G. Schneider/opinions mine alone