FW: 'official' versions of university documents

Tony Barry tony at info.anu.edu.au
Thu Jan 25 00:31:47 EST 1996

At 7:04 AM 25/1/96, Susan Brown wrote:
>The other problem with a dynamic catalog (course listings and requirements)
>is that students typically have entered the college or university under a
>specific edition.  At several of the schools in which I have worked, a
>student may point back to that edition as the catalog (the graduation

This is a legal problem solved by having the content of the cource at the
time the "contract" was entered into being part of the contract rather than
relying on an external print document which struggles to describe a dynamic
situation.

Tony

Tony Barry                  URL:http://snazzy.anu.edu.au/People/TonyB.html
Centre for Networked Information and Publishing & also
Centre for Networked Access to Scholarly Information  fone  +61 6 249 4632
Australian National University Library                phax  +61 6 279 8120
Canberra  A.C.T. 0200, AUSTRALIA             Tony.Barry at library.anu.edu.au