text-mode win3.x ftp client?

Paul F. Schaffner pfs at umich.edu
Fri Dec 20 06:23:41 EST 1996

Is anyone aware of an available winsock ftp client for
windows 3.x that employs a command-based interface,
ideally one that uses the familiar unix ftp commands?

I am familiar with the text-based ftp client contained
in Novell's LAN workplace (but don't know if it can be
installed separately); and am told that Win 95 & NT
contain such a client built into the system (which is
no help for 3.1). I seem to recall that this question
was asked on one of the winsock newsgroups a while
back, but I don't recall ever seeing a positive answer.