How to secure TN3270

Helen Laurence laurence at acc.fau.edu
Fri Dec 20 05:35:32 EST 1996

On the continuing subject of security, we are in the process of setting up
PCs for public internet access in our Library.  We have used IKIOSK to
secure Netscape, but we are having a different problem: One route to our
OPAC is via a TN3270 session.  When the TN3270 session opens, it's possible
to click on the menu bar and select File - Run and from there, anyone could
run any program they want.  We haven't been able to figure out how to
prevent users from doing this.

Can anyone on this list suggest how we can disable individual items on the
File menu within a TN3270 session??

Thanks so much for your help, and happy holidays.
Helen
Dr. Helen Laurence		Systems Department
FAU  Libraries		Ph:   561-367-3789
777 Glades Road		FAX: 561-338-3863