Web sites for library staff

Tracy Babiasz tbabiasz at ncsl.dcr.state.nc.us
Wed Dec 18 16:27:52 EST 1996

Do any of your libraries maintain web sites for staff use only--separate
and apart from the library's web site?  My vision is of a site
where manuals, documents and files can be updated once without having to
distribute new copies to many people. Of course, it would be a natural
sharing place for other types of information as well.   My concern is that
it would serve no purpose that internal e-mail and the main library web
site couldn't serve if used wisely. For those of you that have one, what
do you place on it?  Does all info have to go through a webmaster, or can
anyone upload info?

I would be interested in hearing from anyone involved in such a situation.
Thanks for your help!

Tracy Babiasz
Technology Librarian
Durham County Library