The Big Picture: Visual Browsing in Web andd non -Web Databases

Gerry McKiernan JL.GJM at ISUMVS.IASTATE.EDU
Mon Dec 9 19:14:48 EST 1996

                 The Big Picture(sm)
  Visual Browsing in Web and non-Web Databases

  I'm pleased to announce the formal establishment of
_Big Picture: Visual Browsing in Web and non-Web Databases_.
The URL for  _The Big Picture_ is:

  http://www.public.iastate.edu/~CYBERSTACKS/BigPic.htm

  I have included some, but certainly not all, of the projects,
research, products and services which I have learned about over
the past several weeks. As time permits, I will be profiling
additional resources over the next few weeks. It's my intention
to complete these profiles and to incorporate them by the end
of this month. Some of the other major Information Visualization
technologies and projects of which I am aware are listed at the
following URL:

 http://www.public.iastate.edu/~CYBERSTACKS/BigPic1.htm

 I'd very much appreciate learning about other efforts, particularly
those that have applied IV to MARC record data.

 As always any suggestions, critiques or reactions will be very
much appreciated!

 Regards,

Gerry McKiernan
Curator, CyberStacks(sm)