OpenIngres/ICE

Jaana Isojarvi jaana.isojarvi at ouka.fi
Mon Dec 9 18:30:57 EST 1996

Greetings from Finland!

A few months ago, we here at the Oulu City Library began working on a
database project. We are creating an article database, containing
articles about the Oulu region and collected from the regional
newspapers. We are also planning to make the database accessible for
anyone interested in regional information, by putting it to the
Internet.

The database will be created with Ingres tools. For the indexing and
searching, we are considering Isite or OpenIngres/ICE package.

I would very much appreciate any information and experience about
OpenIngres/ICE anyone on the list might have!

Thank you,

Jaana Isojarvi
Librarian
Oulu City Library - Regional Central Library
Oulu, Finland