Home page for web-based catalogues

Walter Giesbrecht walterg at yorku.ca
Fri Apr 26 11:18:43 EDT 1996

A while back, I posted a question about what was the default home page
for public Internet workstations within a library; got lots of
interesting answers, too. Now I'd like to ask a similar question of those
of you who have web interfaces to your catalogues:

1. Do you use the top-level page of the catalogue for the home page on
   public terminals, or the home page of your "other" web server?

2. A related question (for me, at least) is: does your web-based
   catalogue interface reside on the same server as the rest of your web
   documents? I'm trying to figure out whether it's better to have two
   separate servers for both functions, or just one.

If you could give me the reasons for both decisions, I'd be grateful.
I'll summarize the responses I get for the list.

Walter W. Giesbrecht               walterg at yorku.ca
York University Libraries