Location information on library/institution webpages

macneil bruce library bpmacnei at library.uwaterloo.ca
Mon Apr 8 09:00:32 EDT 1996

I suppose the reason that most of us don't list the location is that the
Library page is one in a number that are linked to a University homepage
that does have an 'ABOUT the University of ...' section. I know our
Library homepage left the address out because we felt it to be redundant
and because we felt there was other information that was more important.
A second reason might be that many of us created homepages for the use of
our own community (students, faculty and staff) and felt that if they
didn't know the address of their own institution, they were in deep
trouble.
If your next question is will you add it to the homepage? I think I'd
vote no because it can be found from the University homepage.

Bruce MacNeil
Associate Librarian, Information
University of Waterloo
Waterloo, ON  N2L 3G1
bpmacnei at library.uwaterloo.ca
(519) 888-4567 x2112

On Thu, 4 Apr 1996, Steve Clancy wrote:

> Greetings.

<some stuff removed here>

> Many of the library homepages I visited, and also those of the affiliated
> institutions, did not clearly identify the location of the library, i.e.
> City and State.

<here too>