netscape cache

Allan_Mikkelsen at mail.indcom.gov.au Allan_Mikkelsen at mail.indcom.gov.au
Thu Oct 26 19:02:52 EDT 1995

>One thing to consider doing it adding a line to your autoexec.bat file
>that will delete the contents of the cache directory each time
>autoexec.bat is run.

>This could be as simple as "erase c:\netscape\cache\*.*"

>Note: the directory is determined by setting your preferences
>inside netscape.

   You people suggesting this must be running your internet connection
   via a T1 link, at least :-)

   I use my cache so that I do not have to go to the net to get every
   bit of information, every time that I need it.

   A far better approach to managing your cache is to limit its size
   and/or clear it from within Netscape whenever you KNOW that it
   contains nothing that you will want to use again.

   I have not tried it, but I understand that the history file contains
   all "unexpired links" that are highlighted in Netscape.  If you set
   the "expire links" value lower (I think it is 30 days by default)
   the older links should be deleted from the history file.

   Allan_Mikkelsen at mail.indcom.gov.au