Lynx Browser

Elisabeth Roche ace at Opus1.COM
Thu Oct 5 08:19:24 EDT 1995

You will find just about everything you need to know or find at this site.
Their links are most comprehensive.

>http://www.ee.washington.edu/UWWeb.html.

Also, NCSA (National Center for Supercomputing Applications- the birthplace
of Mosaic (who's inventors there went on to create their own company and
Netscape) also have much of the information you are looking for, if not all.

> http://www.ncsa.uiuc.edu/SDG/Software/Mosaic/Docs/d2-tech.html (1K)

Most of the browsers are "backward compatible" meaning they don't parse the
latest HTML tags, but the existence of those tags in an HTML document won't
cause major misreading of the document.

Netscape is inventing it's own advanced tags and is seeking to have their
HTML language developments accepted as the standard.

As the standards committee is already years behind in deciding HTML 3.0 (2.0
is the current standard), I imagine it will take time to see how many of the
newer Netscape tags become part of the standards. [tables are great!!]

The <center></center> feature is a Netscape tag.

Elisabeth Roche ace at opus1.com