Quark to HTML, MSWord to HTML Converters

Genevieve Engel gen at stubbs.ucop.edu
Mon Oct 23 21:14:09 EDT 1995

>If you like Word, you'll be very comfortable with Internet Assistant.  No,
>I'm not a paid Microsoft publicist, but this is a good product at the right
>price!

I have to disagree with this one.  I am extremely uncomfortable with
Internet Assistant!  Here are some reasons why:

- It makes Word take about twice as long to start up.
- There doesn't appear to be any way to remove only the Internet Assistant
extensions without removing/reinstalling Word completely.
- Worst of all, if you open an existing HTML document in Word-IA, it actually
  *DELETES* items it doesn't understand, such as background colors.

I believe IA is still available for Windows only, not for the Mac.

For more views on IA see the URL:

http://da.awa.com:80/nct/discuss/msia/index.html

If you do use Windows Word and you don't plan to import pages authored
elsewhere into Word, you can use IA to generate and browser-view your web
pages.  You won't be able to do everything you might want to do with your
page, but at least you will be able to make HTML that works.  If that's all
you need it for, then IA will do.  Personally, though, I'm sorry I installed it.

:(

Genny Engel
gen at dla.ucop.edu