webpage visitor counters

Elizabeth A. Dupuis beth at MAIL.UTEXAS.EDU
Mon Oct 23 19:19:07 EDT 1995

>Greetings to all--
>
>Our library is getting ready to re-do our homepage, and I was interested
>in adding a counter for the number of visitors.  Can anyone explain to me
>how this is done?
>
>Any help will be greatly appreciated....
>
>Brenda Rakieski
*********************
Brenda,

Within the Internet Consulting Office at the University of Texas at Austin,
we have answered this question a number of times for students looking to do
the same thing.  Here are some of the sites that we often refer them to:

Setting up a Counter in HTML
        http://www.best.com/~kroberts/acc_kntr.html

Perl Counter Scripts
        http://query5.lycos.cs.cmu.edu/cgi-bin/pursuit?query=
        perl+counter&maxhits=60&minterms=1&minscore=0.01

Counter FAQs
        http://www.cybercon.com/~gburgyan/counter/faq.html

Counter Information
        http://birch.cit.cornell.edu/admin/counterinfo.html

Home Page Access Counters
        http://picard.dartmouth.edu/HomePageCounters.html

How to Set a Counter
        http://xerxes.crbm.cnrs-mop.fr/howitwork.html

Hope this helps.
Beth

Elizabeth A. Dupuis
Reference and Electronic Information Services Librarian
Undergraduate Library
The University of Texas at Austin

(512) 471-5691
beth at mail.utexas.edu