Macintosh solution for application startup

Tony Barry tony at info.anu.edu.au
Mon Dec 18 19:37:41 EST 1995

At 7:03 AM 19/12/95, David Stern wrote:
>  Is there an easy way to create WWW (Netscape) links on a Macintosh that
>start programs (i.e. Guidon) on the local machine?  Once again, not using
>the Helper Applications option.

It can be done via configuration.  I'm not sure if its the MIME typing or
the file extention, probably either.  I tried a few days ago getting a text
document, giving it an extention 'erl' and used resedit to change it's type
to text/erl and then configured Netscape to launch the ERL software.  It
worked quite nicely.

Tony

Tony Barry                  URL:http://snazzy.anu.edu.au/People/TonyB.html
Centre for Networked Information and Publishing & also
Centre for Networked Access to Scholarly Information  fone  +61 6 249 4632
Australian National University Library                phax  +61 6 279 8120
Canberra  A.C.T. 0200, AUSTRALIA                      tony at info.anu.edu.au