SGML for Web Pages

Tony Barry tony at info.anu.edu.au
Mon Dec 18 19:37:39 EST 1995

At 4:57 AM 19/12/95, Robb Scholten wrote:
>Ink on paper is an international standard.

Hmmmm  Times new Romon, Bodoni, Caslon, Courier not to metion non roman
scripts some of which flow right to left or up and down..

Folio, A4, B5, foolscap

>I will wager that most of what is published today electronically will be
>"lost" a hundred years from now.  This very fact should strike some awe and
>trepidation in the hearts of librarians who are committed to the task of
>archiving information.

Very little is left of the early days of printing either.  I think we are
just seeming what is normal early in a technology.

Tony

Tony Barry                  URL:http://snazzy.anu.edu.au/People/TonyB.html
Centre for Networked Information and Publishing & also
Centre for Networked Access to Scholarly Information  fone  +61 6 249 4632
Australian National University Library                phax  +61 6 279 8120
Canberra  A.C.T. 0200, AUSTRALIA                      tony at info.anu.edu.au