finding info on the Web

Elisabeth Roche ace at Opus1.COM
Wed Dec 6 06:07:10 EST 1995

I have one for you today! My ex-husband sent me a message yesterday, he has
an aol account. He couldn't get a Dunn and Bradstreet report because they
charge $20 for them on the net and needed netscape 1.1n for encryption for
the credit card.

Not quite understanding at first what the problem was, I did a net search
for the name of the company he wanted. AFter getting several tens of
answers, some on first eagle- part of name, some on place, Florida, I
decided to do the reference interview on him<gg>

i called him  up and asked, what type of business are these people in,(I had
eagle name, I had subject technologies, I had place Florida and needed to
get this honed down.)
BTW this took me all of three minutes in excite!

So he said, I need to get Dunn and Bradstreet and they won't take my credit
card over aol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lordy, aol is making a mistake
here at $20 a pop!<gg>

I said, I should have called you right off, i called up dunn and bradstreet
got them in a few seconds, it took me three minutes to find the place on
their webpages where you can order this info (why not up front first, why
all the BS about the company I wondered) we ran through the entries, I put
in his credit card number and he got the report in 15 seconds.

I am planning to do a hopefully publishable and published research project
on webpages and design w/ lib sci and industrial psych (human interaction
etc) starting / well i already started I am looking for a dept that will
accept this project at UA for next semester.

I am a beta tester for two different online magazines and hope this will
help get me in the door somewhere here!!

Elisabeth roche ace at opus1.com