How are you innovating in the library?

Gilson, Thomas V GilsonT at COFC.EDU
Wed Sep 7 21:44:05 EDT 2016

Every year there are dozens of librarians who present their work at the Charleston Conference. They are demonstrating innovative and collaborative thinking in many areas of library service. Maybe you are developing or have developed something new that was inspired by what you heard at a Charleston presentation. Therefore, don't think that your work wouldn't be sufficiently important - it probably is! We want to celebrate and encourage the excellent work that is being done in our libraries.

We are a more innovative profession than we sometimes give ourselves credit for. Think about new projects or services you've helped develop, or ideas that are about to take shape in reality. We'd love to hear from you. Proposals that are collaborative are just as valuable as those developed by an individual - and we know that most innovation in libraries is not the product of a single person's ideas and energy - it is usually a collaborative effort.

A last point - don't worry about having to make a pitch in front of an audience. This is a friendly and supportive environment, like the conference itself. As described on the competition page, "The Conference will offer presentation coaching to all Finalists, if desired, in advance of the competition. Coaches will provide feedback and help Finalists refine and improve their "pitches." Coaching will be available two weeks before the Conference and before the competition itself."

See the Charleston Library Conference Website at http://www.charlestonlibraryconference.com/fastpitch/<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.charlestonlibraryconference.com_fastpitch_&d=DQMFaQ&c=7MSSWy9Bs2yocjNQzurxOQ&r=PilNDH8tybFjaDLwBuhpzg&m=XyJIvfhih8uhbmWXgBBclPkR6Xel-hbpgy7_I50tInA&s=9jCXTuLOYexWmvD-x7sKkWOHrOs7C7yshM-htCctyQ4&e=> for eligibility information and more details on how you can win one of two $2,500 awards!

Application Deadline: September 23, 2016

Contact: fastpitch at charlestonlibraryconference.com<mailto:fastpitch at charlestonlibraryconference.com> with questions.

**** Cross-posted to multiple lists; please excuse any duplication. ****

Tom Gilson
Associate Editor, Against the Grain
Head of Reference Emeritus,
Addlestone Library, College of Charleston

Tom Gilson
Associate Editor, Against the Grain
Head of Reference Emeritus,
Addlestone Library, College of Charleston

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2016-09-07