Job Posting: Technology Librarian - Loyola / Notre Dame Library, Baltimore, MD
mconeill at LOYOLA.EDU
Wed May 11 12:13:12 EDT 2016
The Loyola / Notre Dame Library has an exciting opportunity leading digital and technology services!
The Loyola ▪ Notre Dame Library<UrlBlockedError.aspx> seeks a dynamic, innovative, and experienced individual to provide leadership to support digital and technology services. The Technology Librarian will support day-to-day operations with some supervisory responsibility, and provide strategic direction for digital and technology services that enable research, teaching, and learning programs in the Library.
The successful candidate will communicate effectively and work collaboratively with units throughout the Library to support a range of services that may include discovery, digital library initiatives, and instruction. The position will coordinate services with technical staff at University System of Maryland and Affiliated Institutions (USMAI)<UrlBlockedError.aspx> and also work collaboratively with information technology departments at Loyola University Maryland<UrlBlockedError.aspx> and Notre Dame of Maryland University<UrlBlockedError.aspx>. A demonstrated ability to thrive in a changing work environment and a commitment to professional development are important. The candidate will understand and be able to communicate library-related technology trends that support user-centered library services to a diverse population of undergraduates, graduate students, and faculty.
* Provide strategic vision and leadership of Library technology operations and initiatives to support faculty and students.
* Lead day-to-day technical operations working closely with USMAI’s Consortial Library Applications Support (CLAS) team including:
* Integrating, troubleshooting, and resolving various issues with purchased and licensed software;
* Resolving authentication problems and ensuring smooth and reliable access; and
* Working with vendor-based APIs and web services.
* Lead Technology Services department staff and student assistants.
* Work closely with the information technology departments of both Loyola and Notre Dame and outside partners to develop and maintain technological infrastructure and support future technology initiatives and digital services.
* Collect and use data to inform decisions on technology integration.
* Lead planning for the Library’s website and mobile application initiatives.
* Provide input to the Library Administration on budgeting, reporting and compliance as related to technology services.
* Engage and remain current on information technology and digital library trends.
* ALA-accredited Master’s in Library/Information Science or equivalent;
* 2+ years professional experience in evaluating, developing, and maintaining information applications;
* Familiarity with library systems and applications such as OpenURL (link resolvers), proxy servers, and standards such as Z39.50;
* Working knowledge of web development, design, frameworks, and standards, including HTML and CSS;
* Ability to utilize and design APIs and web services;
* Demonstrated analytical and project management skills;
* Demonstrated effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills;
* Ability to work creatively both individually and collaboratively in a team-based environment.
* Experience in higher education;
* Familiarity with authentication and web security protocols such as Shibboleth, LDAP, and SSL;
* Familiarity with institutional repositories;
* Knowledge of multiple formats for representing data such as XML or JSON;
* Experience working with open source software;
* Familiarity with a major programming language such as Python, Ruby, or Java.
About the Library:
The Loyola Notre Dame Library<UrlBlockedError.aspx>, located in a residential area of northern Baltimore City, is a recently admitted member of University System of Maryland and Affiliated Institutions (USMAI)<UrlBlockedError.aspx> and serves two universities: Loyola University Maryland and Notre Dame of Maryland University. Loyola University Maryland<UrlBlockedError.aspx>, a member of the Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities, is recognized for excellence in teaching and learning while Notre Dame of Maryland University<UrlBlockedError.aspx> is a leader in the education of women and non-traditional students. The Library serves a total population of 7,448 FTE that includes 5,540 FTE at Loyola and 1,908 FTE at Notre Dame.
The Library offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical, access to dental, life, and disability insurance, as well as TIAA retirement. Successful candidates will be subject to a pre‐employment background check.
The Loyola ▪ Notre Dame Library is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or age.
Application Procedures: Review of applications will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled. Please submit electronically a resume, cover letter, and a list of three (3) work-related references with “Technology Librarian” in the subject line to Lorena Dion, Administrative Operations Coordinator: ldion at loyola.edu<UrlBlockedError.aspx>.
Katy O'Neill, MBA, MLS
Interim Associate Director
Loyola Notre Dame Library
Loyola E-Mail: mconeill at loyola.edu
Notre Dame E-Mail: moneill5 at ndm.edu
Website<UrlBlockedError.aspx> - Facebook<UrlBlockedError.aspx> - Twitter<UrlBlockedError.aspx>
To unsubscribe: http://bit.ly/web4lib
Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Web4lib