Help? Cloudflare and ISP Host Conflicting over IP Address

Blatchley, Carolyn cblatchley at CCPA.NET
Wed Mar 9 14:55:43 EST 2016

We have a Drupal site hosted with a service provider. We also have Cloudflare for filtering out DDoS attacks.

Recently, traffic to our webserver appeared to be blocked by Cloudflare. Through investigation, we narrowed it down to one IP address that Cloudflare uses which is not getting through to our hosting provider.

Our provider (who recommended using Cloudflare) insists that the IP address in question has been whitelisted. However, every time we re-enable Cloudflare, our site is unreachable and the tech people at Cloundflare say that they can see their IP address being blocked by our host. This results in our site appearing to be down.

Does anyone have thoughts on how we can resolve this? The two companies both blame eachother, and our library customers are frustrated by the site going down frequently.

Carolyn Blatchley, MLIS
Public Services & Staff Training Coordinator
Cumberland County Library System
1601 Ritner Hwy, Suite 100
Carlisle, PA 17013-9304
717.240.5379 | cblatchley at ccpa.net<mailto:cblatchley at ccpa.net>

The information in this message may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is neither the intended recipient, nor an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, then you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, unauthorized use, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this message and deleting it from your computer.  Thank you, Cumberland County, PA.

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2016-03-09