Library presence in Blackboard/LMS

Junior Tidal JTidal at CITYTECH.CUNY.EDU
Fri Jan 22 09:43:52 EST 2016

Hi all,

One of your instruction librarians just started putting library modules in our institution's BB this spring. From our blog: https://library.citytech.cuny.edu/blog/new-library-modules-in-blackboard/

I think both students and faculty will see the same custom boxes when they log in. I haven't seen it myself yet, but I believe its a search to our discovery tool, a link to our website, and general info (hours, contact, etc.).

Best,
Junior

Junior Tidal
Associate Professor
Web Services and Multimedia Librarian
New York City College of Technology, CUNY
300 Jay Street, Rm A434
Brooklyn, NY 11201
718.260.5481

http://library.citytech.cuny.edu

>>> "Bellmore, Eric N." <bellm1en at CMICH.EDU> 1/22/2016 9:15 AM >>>
We have a link for "Library" in every course shell that sends them directly to the corresponding libguide for that course or to the library homepage if there is no libguide. It's a simple piece of middleware we wrote that is based off a database table of links our librarians maintain.

-eric

Eric Bellmore
Manager of Web Services
CMU Libraries