Print management solutions

Pullin, Mike Mike.Pullin at UNTHSC.EDU
Tue Feb 23 11:38:27 EST 2016

We use all of that but also add scan to email so students don't have to print if they don't need to. Saves them money and helps us stay green.

Mike

-------- Original message --------
From: Lyman Ross <lross at UVM.EDU>
Date: 2/23/2016 9:53 AM (GMT-06:00)
To: WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU
Subject: Re: [WEB4LIB] Print management solutions

We've been using Pharos for over 15 years. We've had very few problems with the software and their support is excellent. We use it to manage printing in our two libraries and we work with a number of departments on campus to provide printing in their labs as well. Since our printers also double as copiers, we're looking at their "off the glass" product which will enable us to control both operations from the printer/copiers. Students swipe their ids to release and pay for jobs. We also use Pharos to support printing from student laptops. We have no lab monitors. Apart from managing the printer copiers, Pharos requires very little maintenance.

Lyman Ross
Systems Librarian
University of Vermont Libraries