Job posting: Review date extended - Web and Discovery Services Librarian
Wiegand, Laura K.
Wiegandl at UNCW.EDU
Thu Aug 18 12:46:32 EDT 2016
If you are interested in library websites, user experience, search interfaces and discovery tools, please consider this job opening in beautiful Wilmington North Carolina. Our beautiful coastal campus is located 5 miles from the Atlantic Ocean. A college and tourist town, Wilmington has a charming historic downtown, lovely beaches, affordable living and lots to do and see, including cultural events. UNC Wilmington is a growing university and Randall Library is a vibrant and collaborative place. We hope you'll consider joining us!
Please visit https://jobs.uncw.edu/postings/5658 for more information or to apply. Priority consideration date has been extended to August 26, 2016.
This position provides a wide range of expertise, guidance, and management of a variety of services and activities in this online arena, including but not limited to the following.
* Provides leadership, direction, and technical expertise to design, develop, maintain, and evaluate libraries' web/mobile presence for services, content, and user experience
* Analyzes, evaluates and assesses the Library's online presence for user experience, accessibility, design and content
* Researches, evaluates, and recommends new web technologies for the library
* Follows standards and best practices for web accessibility and universal design
* Coordinates with content owners and authors to ensure that the Library's web presence is relevant, accurate, up-to-date, user-centered, and accessible
* Works on a wide variety of projects, both individual and collaborative in scope, to improve, extend, and integrate the Libraries' various discovery and search tools
* Supports eresource implementation through website integration, interface customization, support for open url, proxy and other services
* Provides troubleshooting and technical support with library online resources, e.g. resolving authentication problems and ensuring smooth and reliable access, working with vendor based APIs and web services.
* Develops training materials and programs for librarians and library staff
* Provides general help and research assistance at the Research Help Desk and assists remote patrons through phone, e-mail, web and other technologies.
* Engages in scholarly or creative activity to produce new knowledge and share expertise.
* Participates in the development, implementation, and review of Library policies, procedures and services.
* Serves on Library and University committees
Laura K. Wiegand
Associate Director Library Information Technology and Digital Strategies
William M. Randall Library<http://library.uncw.edu/>
University of North Carolina Wilmington
601 South College Road
Wilmington, NC 28403
wiegandl at uncw.edu
Phone: (910) 962-3680
To unsubscribe: http://bit.ly/web4lib
Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Web4lib