Quick survey of web work in libraries

Bellmore, Eric N. bellm1en at CMICH.EDU
Tue Apr 26 12:47:00 EDT 2016

Hi Margaret,

We've got a full time manager of web services (me), a web/database developer and a graphic designer. The designer and I also sit on the marketing committee and I oversee/coordinate the social media accounts but have other library staff manage posting on a daily basis.

-eric

[verticallogo]<http://library.cmich.edu/>

Eric Bellmore
Manager of Web Services
CMU Libraries<http://library.cmich.edu>
Central Michigan University
Park Library 204a | 989.774.3946
[twitter]<https://twitter.com/@CMU_Libraries>  [facebook] <http://facebook.com/CentralMichiganUniversityLibrary>   [instagram] <http://instagram.com/cmu_libraries>   [youtube] <http://youtube.com/user/cmulibraries>

From: Web technologies in libraries [mailto:WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU] On Behalf Of ALEXANDER Margaret
Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2016 12:43 PM
To: WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU
Subject: [WEB4LIB] Quick survey of web work in libraries

Hi folks -

Just checking in to ask, in mid-sized to large public libraries, are your web staff aligned more, and are they from a marketing background, or are they more library services, librarians, etc.?

We currently have a Librarian 2 coordinating content for our LibGuides, and as our web tech expert, but our Marketing staff pretty much have final say over everything else, and write text for all policy pages and service pages, as well as design.  Marketing also handles all the social media posting, in which I know many of our librarians would like to get involved.

Thanks!

-Margaret

Margaret Alexander
Librarian Manager, Technology & Facilities
Eugene Public Library
100 w. 10th Ave
Eugene, OR
541-682-6015