"About Us" pages in websites

Fred Friedman-Romell fwfr at SAFR.ORG
Wed Apr 20 09:36:18 EDT 2016

Hello Rachel,

It depends on whether the policies and procedures are public documents
for a public library.  I would then recommend the typical [About Us >
Policies and Procedures]  though placing them with board minutes is
common too.

You might be able to by by pass the colleagues and managers road blocks
by asking the director to pose the question to the board as a legal
issue.  Is the library required to make them available? Thus where is
your only issue.  Policies are set by the board and as such, should be
in the minutes of board meetings.  You are only making access to them
easier.  It might help to think you are a conduit for the board/director
and only doing what you required to do.

In general policies are library "rules" and as such are very helpful to
have available to your patrons.  The procedures are more internal
operational guidelines and probably do not have a place on the website
for public consumption.

If you are a private special library, then where/if they go on the
website is entirely up to the supervising librarian.

Best of luck. 2cents.

--
ttfn,
Frederick

1.216.857.8941
fwfr at hyfr.org
https://www.hyfr.org/fwfr/

<!-- /*
      No electrons were harmed, just gently coaxed into order
*/ -->