New Webinar at AIMS 19 April: "Collective Intelligence Platform for Early Warning and Risk Reduction in Pest Management"

Wegner, Karna (OPCC) Karna.Wegner at FAO.ORG
Tue Apr 12 06:10:15 EDT 2016

******** Apologies for cross-posting ********

The Agricultural Information Management Standards (AIMS) Community [1] is pleased to announce a new webinar entitled "Collective Intelligence Platform for Early Warning and Risk Reduction in Pest Management"[2]. The session will take place on the 19th of April 2016 - 11:00 Rome Time [3] and will be presented by Teerawat Issariyakul [4].

ABOUT THE WEBINAR

The goal of our joint Asian Pacific Telecommunity (APT) and CyberBrain Mass Agriculture Alarm Acquisition and Analysis  (CBMA4) project is to develop a collective intelligence-based platform that accommodates a decision making process related to agriculture early warning among communities of farmers.  The idea is to translate tacit knowledge from local farmers as well as fundamental knowledge from universities, research institutes, and government agencies into a computerized system. The system alerts and suggests solution for farmers based on two sources of input: Weather data observed automatically from weather stations and contextual data collected by farmers. We also propose an observation object named WarnCon (Warning Content) and an algebraic model to reduce the semantic gap in agriculture early warning management. The results are collected  from a real experimental farm in Thailand where the local farmers are currently use our system to reduce risk in plant disease.

REGISTRATION

The session is open to anyone but places are limited. If you are interested to attend the webinar, send an e-mail to AIMS at fao.org, containing the following information: your name, affiliation, email, country and the name of the webinar.

[1] http://aims.fao.org<https://faohqmail.fao.org/owa/redir.aspx?C=0--jI3AQmkaX9LiALKvK0pn4AKshRtBIEJFdkf8WGnjIzRh5qOtb1l6UXZwSTxYKWumBwYZm7DA.&URL=http%3a%2f%2faims.fao.org>
[2] http://aims.fao.org/activity/blog/webinaraims-collective-intelligence-platform-early-warning-and-risk-reduction-pest
[3] http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converted.html?iso=20160419T00&p1=215&p2=28&p3=95&p4=759&p5=176&p6=33&p7=57&p8=170&p9=4&p10=41&p11=263&p12=136
[4] http://www.ece.ubc.ca/~teerawat/

Kind regards,
Karna Wegner
On behalf of the AIMS editorial team
http://aims.fao.org<https://faohqmail.fao.org/owa/redir.aspx?C=0--jI3AQmkaX9LiALKvK0pn4AKshRtBIEJFdkf8WGnjIzRh5qOtb1l6UXZwSTxYKWumBwYZm7DA.&URL=http%3a%2f%2faims.fao.org>

Karna Wegner
Office of Partnerships, Advocacy and Capacity Development
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
Viale delle Terme di Caracalla, 00153 Rome, Italy
Tel: +39 06 570 52263

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D194B4.45FA22E0]

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2016-04-12