ALA Annual - LITA Call for Proposals

Evviva Weinraub evviva.weinraub at GMAIL.COM
Mon Sep 28 20:16:52 EDT 2015

*Call for Proposals for the 2016 ALA Annual Conference Programs and
Preconferences!*

The LITA Program Planning Committee (PPC) is now accepting innovative and
creative proposals for the 2016 Annual American Library Association
Conference.  We’re looking for full day pre-conference ideas as well as 60-
and 90-minute conference presentations. The focus should be on technology
in libraries, whether that’s use of, new ideas for, trends in, or
interesting/innovative projects being explored – it’s all for you to
propose.

*When/Where is the Conference?*

The 2016 Annual ALA Conference will be held in Orlando, Florida, from June
23rd through 28th.

What kind of topics are we looking for?

We’re looking for programs of interest to all library/information agency
types that inspire technological change and adoption, or/and generally go
above and beyond the everyday.

*When are proposals due?*

October 23rd, 2015

*How I do submit a proposal?*

Fill out this form - http://goo.gl/forms/ufkMfniiu0
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1PbRs8ZBtAXyhfDbf50UsnMyYgG8jYQWliCNSKpcyD6M/edit?usp=sharing>

Program descriptions should be 75 words or less.

*When will I be informed? *

The committee will be reviewing proposals after October 23rd; final
decisions will be made by October 30th.

*Do I have to be a member of ALA/LITA? or a LITA Interest Group (IG) or a
committee?*

No!

We welcome proposals from anyone who feels they have something to offer
regarding library technology. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide
financial support for speakers. Because of the limited number of programs,
LITA IGs and Committees will receive preference where two equally
well-written programs are submitted. Presenters may be asked to combine
programs or work with an IG/Committee where similar topics have been
proposed.

*Got another question?*

Please feel free to email Evviva Weinraub (PPC chair) (
evviva.weinraub at northwestern.edu)

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2015-09-28