Self-hosted Alternative to Dropbox

Christian Pietsch chr.pietsch+web4lib at GOOGLEMAIL.COM
Wed Sep 16 14:46:11 EDT 2015

Hi John,

if you want a straight replacement for Dropbox, go for Seafile:
https://www.seafile.com/en/download/ (free download, open source).
It looks and feels like Dropbox, and runs smoothly even on a first
generation Raspberry Pi. Which cannot be said for OwnCloud which I
tried before that. OwnClound suffers from a severe case of featuritis
trying to be everything to everyone.

Cheers,
Christian

--
  Christian Pietsch · http://purl.org/net/pietsch
  LibTec · Library Technology and Knowledge Management