Event/Meeting Room Booking Software Systems

Teresa Doherty mtdohert at VCU.EDU
Wed Sep 2 10:27:27 EDT 2015

Bill,

We've been using OpenRoom <http://crln.acrl.org/content/73/3/142.short>, as
crafted by Ball State University Libraries and tweaked by our Digital
Technologies folks, for almost 5 years now. It's open source and after
initial set up, pretty much runs itself. Students (and faculty and staff,
if they wish) use the online reservation system (also available on our
mobile app) to reserve one of our 30-ish (soon to be 60-ish) study rooms.
No public services staff mediation needed, no keys are checked out, patrons
self-regulate and seem very happy about it. We set the policies (how many
hours per reservation, how many reservations per week, how far into the
future can reservations be made, etc.); email notifications are sent,
reservations can be cancelled, everyone is happy.

Good luck in your search for the system which fits your needs best!

Teresa

--
M. Teresa Doherty, MLIS
Assistant Head for Access Services
804 828-8658  mtdohert at vcu.edu
Member, ALA Intellectual Freedom Committee