Job: Program Manager - Digital Library of the Caribbean (dLOC)
rogersj at FIU.EDU
Wed Oct 7 14:14:02 EDT 2015
Please excuse the crossposting.
Florida International University is hiring for the position of Program Manager - Digital Library of the Caribbean (dLOC).
Job Opening ID: 510430
All applicants will need to apply through the FIU site to be considered:
Florida International University is recognized as a Carnegie engaged university. It is a public research university with colleges and schools<http://main.fiu.edu/academics/colleges-schools/index.html> that offers more than 180 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral<http://main.fiu.edu/academics/degree-programs/> programs in fields such as engineering, international relations, architecture, law and medicine. As one of South Florida’s anchor institutions, FIU contributes $9.8 billion each year to the local economy. FIU is Worlds Ahead in finding solutions to the most challenging problems of our time. FIU emphasizes research as a major component of its mission. FIU has awarded over 200,000 degrees and enrolls more than 54,000 students in two campuses and three centers including FIU Downtown on Brickell, FIU @ I-75, and the Miami Beach Urban Studios. FIU also supports artistic and cultural engagement through its three museums: the Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum<http://thefrost.fiu.edu/>, the Wolfsonian-FIU<http://www.wolfsonian.org/>, and the Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU<http://www.jewishmuseum.com/>. FIU is a member of Conference USA<http://www.fiusports.com/>
and has over 400 student-athletes participating in 18 sports. For more information about FIU, visit http://www.fiu.edu/.
Serves as Program Director for the Digital Library of the Caribbean to manage the dLOC partners and members and develop and administer linkages with outside organizations and institutions in support of dLOC's mission.
* Assesses partner needs and provides solutions to facilitate ongoing submission, training and communication with current and new dLOC partners in conslultation with dLOC Technical Director at the University of Florida.
* Develops written communications and events to increase the awareness of the project.
* Creates opportunities to incorporate dLOC into appropriate K-12 and higher education teaching and research in consultation with the dLOC Digital Scholarship Director at the University of Florida.
* Seeks sustainability through a combination of grant writing and fundraising activities.
* Provides information, leadership and direction for the Academic Advisory Board and the Executive Board in consultation with the dLOC Digital Scholarship Director at the University of Florida.
* Assists with the budget oversight and accountability reporting for dLOC Members. Ensures adequate progress per the funding agreements, supervises staff, executes deliverables and facilitates communication and reporting with the Members and Donors.
* Coordinates the day to day operations of the office within the framework of the host institution and develops operational guidelines and policies establishing dLOC as an institutional entity to ensure sustainability of project functions.
* Provides on-site and remote training and support for project partners throughout the hemisphere to ensure digitization in accordance with preservation standards and project requirements.
* Negotiates non-exclusive distribution rights with distributors and/or publishers and trains publishers to submit original digital files directly to the digital library system for preservation and distribution.
* Develops and implements K-12 and post-secondary educational outreach programs and develops thematic collections designed to increase the use of the digital library for teaching and research.
* Works with the University Library Administrative staff in developing a strategic plan for the dLOC project.
* Coordinates efforts with the University Auxiliary Budget Office in creating a plan for the future funding of dLOC.
* Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate specialization and four (4) years of related experience, or Master's degree in an appropriate specialization and two (2) years related experience.
$50,000 - $55,000
Begin time: 8:30 AM
End time: 5:00 PM
Criminal Background Check
How To Apply
If you have not created a registered account, you will be asked to create a username and password for use of the system. It is recommended that you provide an active/valid e-mail account as that will be the main source of communication regarding your status within the process. Before you begin the process, we recommend that you are prepared to attach electronic copies of your resume, cover letter or any other documents within the application process. It is recommended that you combine your cover letter and resume/curriculum vitae into one attachment. Attached documents should be in Microsoft Word or PDF format. All applicants are required to complete the online application including work history and educational details (if applicable), even when attaching a resume.
*This posting will close at 12 am of the close date.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act<http://clerycenter.org/summary-jeanne-clery-act>, the University Police department at Florida International University provides information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three (3) calendar years. The FIU Annual Security report is available online at:http://police.fiu.edu/docs/Campus_Security_Report_&_Safety_Guide.pdf.
To obtain a paper copy of the report, please visit the FIU Police Department located at 885 SW 109th Avenue, Miami, FL, 33199 (PG5 Market Station).
Equal Opportunity Programs
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To unsubscribe: http://bit.ly/web4lib
Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Web4lib