Tenure Track Position at Queens College, CUNY--Technology/Information Services

Claudia Perry c2perry at NYC.RR.COM
Sun Nov 15 16:09:15 EST 2015

Apologies for cross-postings!

The Graduate School of Library & Information Studies (GSLIS) at Queens College, CUNY, seeks to hire a tenure track Assistant Professor with a strong background in technology and information services, beginning fall 2016.  The GSLIS is the only publicly supported American Library Association accredited school of library and information studies in the metropolitan New York City area. The GSLIS has a large and highly diverse student body,
Qualifications

Candidates must possess a Ph.D. in library/information science or a related field at the time of hire. Qualified applicants must have at least one earned degree in library science or its equivalent. The successful candidate will have experience teaching in higher education and a demonstrated record or potential for research and service. Qualified candidates will have research and teaching expertise as well as practical experience in one or more of the following areas:
1.     Applications of emerging technologies in libraries and other information services environments: mobile applications; social media; cloud and other collaborative environments; makerspaces.
2.     Digital and data literacy: open access systems; institutional repositories management; data management and visualization; digital rights management.
3.     E-resources collection development and management; ILS management; programming design and outreach services; information literacy instruction.

In addition, we seek candidates who have demonstrated evidence of collaborative activity in professional or scholarly settings and who have familiarity with critical approaches to technology, including issues related to privacy, digital inclusion and ethics. Experience with assessment methods is a plus.

TO APPLY
If you are viewing this job posting on any website other than CUNYfirst, please follow these instructions:
- Go to www.cuny.edu and click on "Employment"
- Click "Search job listings"
- Click on "More options to search for CUNY jobs"
- Search by Job Opening ID number  13924
- Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the instructions.

Please note that candidates must upload a cover letter, Curriculum Vita, brief statement ( 500 words or less) on future directions in library/information science education and contact information for at least three references ONE DOCUMENT in any of the following formats: .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format.

Please use a simple name for the document that you upload, for example, JDoeResume.  Documents with long names cannot be parsed by the application system.

Informal interviews will be conducted at the ASIS&T annual meeting in St. Louis, MO and at the ALISE conference in Boston, January 2016.
For additional information contact Dr. Colleen Cool, Director, GSLIS, at colleen.cool at qc.cuny.edu

EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply.  We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.

Claudia A. Perry, MLS, Ph.D
Associate Professor
Director of Admissions
Graduate School of Library and Information Studies
Queens College, CUNY
Flushing, NY  11367
claudia.perry at qc.cuny.edu
718-997-3790