Problem with IE 11

Thomas Edelblute TEdelblute at ANAHEIM.NET
Wed May 27 15:25:48 EDT 2015

For us, the problem is that we maintain the proxy server setting through Group Policy objects (GPOs) on the server.  This and other GPOs help us lock down the browser to people don’t mess with the settings.  I don’t know of a way of security another browser.

Thomas Edelblute
Library Technology Systems Administrator
Anaheim Public Library<http://library.anaheim.net/>

What I’m reading…. “World Order”  by Henry Kissinger- The former Secretary of State and national security adviser provides a deep meditation on the roots of international harmony and global disorder.  ………….. You should check it out!

From: Web technologies in libraries [mailto:WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU] On Behalf Of Hess, M. Ryan
Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2015 11:59 AM
To: WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU
Subject: Re: [WEB4LIB] Problem with IE 11

Hardly a solution (or is it?), but have you considered throwing in the IE towel?

If your users are like ours, IE usage is down to around 12% (and that’s if you include our Windows-based lab machines that default to IE…it goes to 3% if you look at users who use their own machines). Given the problems IE has had with most every web standard, and the continuing erosion of marketshare, maybe it’s time to re-evaluate your support of IE.

Of are your machines locked down in terms of browser alternatives (I see you’re in the US Government).

M Ryan Hess
Digital Services Coordinator
DePaul University
JTR 303-C, DePaul University, Lincoln Park Campus, 2350 N Kenmore Ave., Chicago IL 60614
office: 773-325-7829 | cell:  650-224-7279 |  fax: 773-325-2297  | mhess8 at depaul.edu<https://outlook.depaul.edu/owa/UrlBlockedError.aspx>