Position Announcement: Electronic Resources Librarian
jfelts at COASTAL.EDU
Fri May 1 13:01:58 EDT 2015
I am excited about this position! We've offloaded a lot of the more mundane, time-consuming tasks specific to statistics-gathering and technical services processing. Instead, we envision a librarian who will embrace the flexibility this position brings and will enjoy identifying and implementing new and innovative technologies and other solutions for managing electronic resources. This position resides in the Library Technology and Systems Department; take a look and feel free to contact me should you have any questions: jfelts at coastal.edu<mailto:jfelts at coastal.edu>
Assistant/Associate Librarian - Electronic Resources Librarian
Kimbel Library at Coastal Carolina University seeks a creative, innovative, service-oriented librarian to manage the library's electronic resources and related products that are used to manage electronic resources throughout their life cycle including evaluation, setup, implementation, and troubleshooting. Reporting to the Head of Library Technology and Systems, this twelve month, tenure-track position at either the assistant or associate level will coordinate the acquisition, evaluation, and maintenance of electronic resources, assess the effectiveness of electronic resources and identify ways to make access more effective and efficient.
The Electronic Resources Librarian serves as the primary liaison to vendors regarding electronic resource trials, acquisitions and licensing, pricing, and technical issues. This position works with database providers, vendors, publishers, consortium partners, and other personnel to resolve problems with accessing electronic resources, proactively manage technical changes to preempt resource access problems, and responds to end-users' issues with electronic resources in a timely manner. This position is also responsible for maintaining very accurate usage data in a variety of systems such as our link resolver, usage consolidation tool, and discovery platform knowledge base (EBSCO's EDS). Must be intellectually curious with the aptitude to identify and track changes and trends in technology, business models, organization structures and user culture that may impact the management of electronic resources at Kimbel Library. This position will be a bibliographer for electronic resources, keeping abreast of new resources and recommending these resources for the curriculum, and will ultimately become responsible for the entirety of collection management responsibilities as they relate to electronic resources.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Manage the lifecycle of electronic resources (other than budget), ensuring data accuracy and minimal interruption of services.
* Coordinate access-related problem resolution, responding to patron reports and working with library staff, Information Technology Services, and vendors as necessary to resolve issues.
* Updates and maintains LinkSource OpenURL Link Resolver, EBSCO administrative tools and A-Z List knowledge base, update and manage content and functionality of EBSCO's EDS Discovery platform.
* Collect and consolidate usage data to create actionable usage reports as requested to support decision-making for license negotiation and budgeting.
* Update, maintain, and coordinate all library technologies that provide user access to electronic resources and support related library functions, including authentication and link resolver software, Libguides, Ebsco Discovery System, ILLiad interlibrary loan system, etc.
* Develop and maintain library web pages and online resource portals for electronic resources, including database descriptions, links, text, and other information to ensure consistent branding and access points.
* Identifies emerging trends and technologies in electronic resource acquisitions and management that have the potential for new and innovative library services.
* Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
MLS or equivalent from an ALA-accredited institution. Demonstrated professional experience working with electronic resources. Evidence of flexibility, innovative thinking, and demonstrated excellence in organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills. Knowledge of the electronic product market, publishing issues, pricing models, and serials issues. Experience with an integrated library system, preferably Innovative Interfaces, Inc. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with internal and external parties and diverse constituencies, including faculty and staff, cross-department committees and teams, and patrons. Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office, including Outlook and Excel. Ability and interest in fulfilling tenure and promotion requirements for job performance, scholarship, professional development, and service.
2-3 years demonstrated experience working with electronic resources. Experience with EBSCO Usage Consolidation Tool, Usage Loading Service, and knowledge of SUSHI/ COUNTER statistics harvesting initiative and usage report standards. Knowledge of ILLiad, HTML, CSS3, and Adobe CS Suite, and experience working in various vendors' web-based electronic resources administrative interfaces.
Head of Library Technology and Systems
Coastal Carolina University
P.O. Box 261954, Conway, SC 29528
To unsubscribe: http://bit.ly/web4lib
Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Web4lib