WordPress Search

Pruntel,Alison Alison.Pruntel at FAUQUIERCOUNTY.GOV
Mon Mar 16 10:28:37 EDT 2015

*Apologies in advance - this request has been posted to several library lists*

Hello all - We are using WordPress as our CMS for our library website (fauquierlibrary.org). We have had some feedback that the "search this website" doesn't always return expected results. Thus we are looking into some of the other plugins available.

The Google Custom Search works well, but unless we want to show ads, we are going to have to pay for it. At this point, I don't have the data to estimate the number of queries per year to figure out what level to purchase for the ad-free experience (our old Cold Fusion site did not include a search function).

My questions are:

(1) If you use either version of Google Custom Search (ad or ad-free), how were you able to estimate your queries?

(2) If you are using a different plugin (Relevanssi, etc.) are you using the base/free version or fee-based? Are you happy with it (pros/cons)?

Thanks in advance,

Alison Pruntel
Electronic Resources Librarian
Fauquier County Public Library