Job Posting: Systems Librarian, Chabot College (Hayward, CA)
nbuchwald at CHABOTCOLLEGE.EDU
Wed Mar 4 13:34:29 EST 2015
The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District is seeking a Systems Librarian for Chabot College in Hayward. All full-time library faculty provide reference services, information competency instruction, and collection development for book serials, electronic resources and audiovisual materials. This position will be primarily responsible for circulation, reserves and other access services and the community outreach activities in the library. In addition, this position will be involved in the support of the integrated library systems in the library with the systems librarian. We are looking for a service-oriented leader who can work collaboratively in a team environment. The position reports to the Dean, Language Arts.
The initial salary placement range is $56,202 - $80,348/yr , depending on education and experience.
The position is full-time, first year contract, 2015 - 2016 Academic Year. Employment will begin on or about August 13, 2015.
Education and Experience: *Master's degree in Library Science, Library and Information Science, OR **the equivalent.
*Degrees in Progress: To be conferred on or before July 1, 2015, will be considered, provided that the applicant also submits (1) an up-to-date transcript, (2) a photocopy of the degree requirement from the school catalog, and (3) proof of current course(s) and enrollment. Please provide your explanation and background material by using the optional document upload called "Other Document". If you are unable to upload the above, please upload a document in place of that states you will be sending the documents to the Office of Human Resources, 7600 Dublin Boulevard, 3rd Floor, Dublin, CA 94568, by 5:00 p.m. (PST) on the closing date.
Demonstrate a sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical and/or learning disabilities.
Particular Job Characteristics
* Manage, plan, administer and evaluate all aspects of OCLC Worldshare, the Library's integrated library system;
* Provide original & final cataloging to library materials that are new or unique to Chabot College Library
* Final responsibility for all cataloging policies & procedures w/in Worldshare system
* Coordinate with and train library technicians on circulation and copy cataloging in the Worldshare system;
* Act as key member of library team in developing, coordinating, implementing and evaluating the library's programs and services;
* Provide reference services in a multimedia environment to students, staff and faculty;
* Provide library outreach activities to the college community;
* Teach effective information competency research strategies;
* Act as a library liaison to at least one instructional division;
* Communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
* Participate in campus and district professional activities, which may include but are not limited to, committee membership, staff development, and collegial meetings;
* Teach late afternoon, evening, weekend, distance learning and/or off campus classes when scheduled as part of the regular librarian assignment.
* Knowledge of the following: AACRII revised, RDA, Library of Congress Subject Headings, MARC format, OCLC
* Experience providing innovative and creative leadership in the development of library programs and services;
* Experience with the functions of Worldshare or other integrated library system's administrative functions
* Experience running reports and retrieving data from an integrated library system, preferably Worldshare
* Experience providing information competency instruction in an academic library;
* Experience providing reference services in an academic library setting;
* Enthusiastic approach to working collaboratively with students, faculty and staff including those who have not had an opportunity to use new technologies;
* Experience in outreach activities for students and faculty.
Please provide a response to the following question on your own titled paper, or on the form included in the mailed application packet.
* Please write an essay of up to 250 words that discusses information literacy and the community college student.
Special Instructions to the Applications
The purpose of the personal qualifications statement is for you to provide information on how your education and experience relate to the requirements and duties of the position. There is no form to complete. Applicants are requested to provide their personal qualifications statement by uploading a document, the same way as you do for your cover letter.
The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District reserves the right to close or not fill any advertised position.
You MUST post the Application and all Materials Online at:
http://tinyurl.com/CLPCCDjobs To view positions, click "View Positions" on the left side menu. Click on Librarian (Systems) and to fill the application, click on the "Apply for this Posting" below the Systems Librarian position description.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: April 2, 2015
Address Inquiries To
Please email the Office of Human Resource Services at hr at clpccd.org<mailto:hr at clpccd.org> or call (925) 485-5236.
The Application Process
The following must be submitted as a complete packet:
1. Official District Faculty application form for: Librarian use position code (#2FLR05).
2. Cover letter addressing qualifications for the position.
3. Resume of all professional preparation and experience.
4. College transcripts (unofficial copies may be submitted for application purposes; however, official copies must be submitted before hiring.) Any degrees earned outside the United States must have a US evaluation (course by course) of the transcripts and must be submitted with the application.
5. Supplemental Questionnaire.
6. A completed Equal Opportunity Employment Questionnaire. (Optional)
**Applicants applying under the "Equivalent" provision must provide details that explain at time of application how their academic preparation is the equivalent of the degree listed above. Please provide your explanation by using the optional document upload called "Equivalency Statement".
Other extraneous material will not be considered.
Applicants are evaluated by the appropriate manager and a review committee. Applicants determined to be the most qualified will be invited for an interview at their own expense.
To unsubscribe: http://bit.ly/web4lib
Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Web4lib